The team at Eyewear Bar offers you a wide range of contact lenses, following an optometric examination validating the good health of your eyes. You will be able to correct your vision without glasses with single vision or multifocal lenses.
Multifocal contact lenses are lenses that have multiple correction areas in the same lens. In general, one of the zones is used for viewing close-up objects, another for viewing distant objects, and finally, one for intermediate distances. This design helps correct presbyopia, an age-related visual defect that results in difficulty focusing the image of nearby objects correctly.
Multifocal lenses have a number of advantages:
• Have a soft demarcation between the different correction zones
• Provide good visual acuity for the range of distances from near to far
• Offer the ability to see well in most conditions without having to wear glasses
If multifocal contact lenses do not seem interesting to you, other non-surgical solutions are available to you:
• Bifocal contact lenses
• Monovision or monovision / multifocal contact lenses
• Combined use of reading glasses and contact lenses for distant vision
Despite their excellent success rate, multifocal contact lenses can have certain disadvantages:
• Sensation of modified spatial perception (depends on each person)
• Night halo effect and blurred or hazy vision (strong during adaptation)
• Higher price due to greater design complexity
Our team of opticians and optometrists will help you find the best solution to correct your vision, taking into account your lifestyle, and will do the necessary follow-up to ensure that the choice was appropriate. Make an appointment with us!